Many women struggle with a breast-related health issue at various points in their lives. Age or health complications can cause the breast tissue to change, resulting in the need for surgical treatment and correction.
Types of breast surgery include:
- Lumpectomy: Removing a lump of breast tissue, usually a malignant tumor
- Breast-conserving surgery: Removing part of the breast tissue
- Mastectomy: Completely removing one or both breasts
- Tissue biopsy: Extracting a piece of breast tissue for diagnosis
- Breast reduction surgery: Trimming and shaping breasts to reduce their size
- Breast lift: Correcting sagging breast tissue for a “lifted” appearance
- Surgery for breast abscess: Creating an incision in the breast to drain fluids
Breast surgery extends beyond removing cancerous lumps from the breast tissue or altering the shape and size of the breasts, and can be recommend for anyone. Instances of breast pain, benign nipple discharge, and tissue lumps have been found in men as well as women. We encourage you to visit our surgeon for treatment if you have:
- Breast pain
- Hard lumps of breast tissue
- Nipple discharge
- An abnormal mammogram
Whether or not you believe your breast concerns are urgent, we encourage you to visit the office of Tomas Birriel MD to receive a comprehensive exam and put your fears at ease. Call 985-384-7173 today to schedule your appointment and learn more about breast surgery in Morgan City, Louisiana.